Delicious, healthy raw cacao truffles reminiscent of peanut butter cups.
- 40g unsweetened organic puffed rice cereal
- 160g date pâté
- 170g peanut butter
- 60g agave syrup
- 15g raw cacao powder
- Whiz the puffed rice in a food processor until fairly finely ground.
- Add the date pâté, peanut butter and agave syrup, and whiz until you get a sandy texture. If the mixture is too dry to hold together when you squeeze a small handful into a ball, add a little more peanut butter or agave syrup and whiz again.
- Scrape the mixture into a bowl, and put the raw cacao powder into another bowl.
- Form the date mixture into small egg shapes, and roll in the cacao powder.
You may need to adjust the ingredients somewhat, according to the moisture content of the dates, peanut butter, etc. You want a texture that will hold together when you compress a ball in your hand, but that is not wet and mushy.
You can experiment with these. Try cashew or almond butter instead of peanut; raisins, dried apricots or figs instead of dates; add some raw cacao powder to the dried fruit mixture; grate in some coconut cream or add finely chopped nuts to the fruit mixture; roll in chopped nuts, desiccated coconut or melted chocolate.